I love the spring! I can’t wait for it to hurry and come, so I can pack my heavy wool coats, down jackets, cashmere sweaters, and everything else bulky and warm. Here’s a quick guide to 10 essentials you’ll want and need for spring.
1. Black and White: When you think of spring, you might think of pastel colors and flower prints, well this year many designers have made strong statements in black and white. This classic combination is back and better then ever!
1. Alexander Wang 2. Jil Sander 3. Valentino 4. Jason Wu 5. Mason Martin Margiela 6. Miu Miu
2. Standout Stripes: Whether they are thick or thin, horizontal or vertical, this is definitely a trend to look out for. Stripes are so versatile they can be worn all season!
1. Marc Jabos 2. Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti 3. Vivienne Westwood Red Label 4. Christian Dior 5. Y-3 6.Dolce & Gabbana
3. Sheer Layering: Many designers highlighted sheer details this season. Whether layered or insetted, it’s definitely a sexy new look for the spring.
1. Missoni 2.Giambattista Valli 3. Reed Krakoff 4. Tom Ford 5. Prabal Gurung 6. Roberto Cavalli
4. Luxe Leather : Not just for fall, leather will also be making an appearance in spring.
1. Loewe 2. Marni 3. Pierre Balmain 4. Proenza Schouler 5. Chanel 6. Fendi
5. Frills and Ruffles: For all the girly girls, you will see frills and ruffles on hemlines, collars, and sleeves. This will add some flair to your wardrobe!
1. Gucci 2. Givenchy 3. Balenciaga 4. Acne 5. Burberry Prorsum 6.Comme des gGarcons
6. Kimono Chic: Spring trends look to the far east for inspiration. We can see designers’ new takes of traditional kimonos.
1. Prada 2. Etro 3. Dries Van Noten 4. Hermes 5. Lanvin 6. Emilio Pucci
7. Motif Mix: A mashup of prints, patchwork, colors, textures, and fabrics. It seems any combination of these hybrid collages can work.
1. Alexander McQueen 2. Derek Lam 3. Bottega Veneta 4. Erdem 5. Preen 6. Fendi
8. Flower Power: It’s not spring with out flowers. The romantic revival of floral print can be seen all over the runways.
1. Moschino 2. Prada 3. Paul and Joe 4. Zac Posen 5. Just Cavalli 6. Pierre Balmain
9. Cut It Out: Cut-outs can be seen here, there and everywhere! This sexy look is taking spring by storm.
1. Saint Laurent 2. Versace 3. Roberto Cavalli 4. Herve Leger 5. Victoria Beckham 6. Gucci
10. Short Suits: This feminine take on menswear can be worn in the office and at night. It’s a spring trend that you will fall in love with.
1. Emporio Armani 2. Carven 3. Tory Burch 4. Michael Kors 5.Jil Sander 6. Jenni Kayne
Well hopefully you’ve taken notes, and will be ready for the spring. What are you favorite spring trends?
ms fancy pants tokyo & 3 looks I like