Yesterday was the first day of Golden Week (ゴールデン ウェーク April 27 Sat-May 6 Monday). Golden Week is basically a 9-day holiday that is taken by the entire country, the dates change from year to year. Out of those 9 days 4 of them are national holidays; April 29-Showa Day, May 3- Constitution Memorial Day, May 4-Greenery Day, and May 5- Children’s Day. However, most schools follow the calendar year and only allow for 4 days plus the weekend. Tokyo becomes crowded with domestic tourists.
1. It was a beautiful spring day, so RiRi, Mr T, Fee, Fee’s friend and I decided to have brunch in Daikanyama(代官山) at Ivy Place. The unfortunate thing was we couldn’t get reservations so we had to wait about an hour before we were seated. The good thing was there are many cute boutiques and a bookstore close by, so it was easy to kill time. 2. They have indoor seating as well as patio seating–perfect for nice weather.
1. We were seated at a table outside, and could enjoy the beautiful weather. Fee’s friend also brought his cute little chihuahua. 2. Next stop, ordering refreshing glasses of Lemongrass Lemonade (レモングラス レモネード).
We started with the Veggie Dips Mezze Plate with Hummus, Baba Ghanough, Carrot Puree and Pita (ハムス、ババガヌー、キャロットピュレーのメッツェプレート). This was delish. I love hummus but my favorite dip was the carrot puree. Don’t worry you can also order extra pita bread too–we sure did!
RiRi and Fee had the Classic Buttermilk Pancakes (クラシック バターミルク パンケーキ), which comes with your choice of maple syrup or acacia honey. They both choose maple syrup and added fresh cream as a topping. This was so big and tasted great! I miss buttermilk pancakes!
Mr T had the Kalbi, Cheddar and Kim Chee Grilled Cheese with Kochi Chan Sauce (カルビ、チェダーチーズ、キムチのトーストサンド コチジャンソース). It was served with veggie chips and looked amazing. Mr T said it was fab too.
The inside of the sando looked like this
I was in the mood for pasta, and luckily they had my fav- Linguine with Clams, Garlic, Capers and Sun Dried Tomato (ハマグリ、ケッパー、セミドライトマトのリングイネ). I was surprised how many clams were included and the noodles were al dente, just how I like. It was tasty but I felt it needed a little more of something.
We had a relaxing fun lunch. Too bad we were all too full to order dessert–ill save that for next time, along with getting reservations. Ivy Place was good but definitely not worth the wait. If you go on a weekday or at night I heard it’s easy to get a table. However, on the weekends and holidays reservations are a definite MUST or else you might be waiting for over an hour. As we were stuffed we decided to walk back to Shibuya instead of taking the train. What yummy things have you eaten recently?
ms fancy pants tokyo
- Ivy Place
- 6-15 Sarugaku-cho, Shibuya-ku Tokyo
- Mon- Fri Lunch 11:30-15:00, Sat-Sun/Holiday Lunch 11:30-16:00
- Mon-Sun/Holiday Dinner 17:00-24:00