Yesterday, I met up with my friend Mayumi. We met in Omotesando (表参道) and walked around looking for a place to lunch at. We wanted to eat pancakes at first, but all the hot spots were overly crowded. So we settled with my go to French fave Bistro Le Man (ビストロ ル マン)–if you missed it the first time click here.
It was a nice sunny day out, with a slight breeze. 1. The outdoor seating seemed nice, but we decided to dine inside. 2. Yesterday’s lunch specials.
It was Mayumi’s first time here so I recommended the ever-so-popular Ebi Rice, which she ordered. Looks super delish as always. I wanted to order the same but I decided to try something new. Anyways, Mayumi loved this dish. Seriously, what is there not to love?
I decided to have one of the lunch specials–Tender pork with plenty of veggies and bistro pot au feu. The pork was very tasty. This whole dish was so satisfying, especially the tomato which was so sweet.
Mayumi and I were left extremely full and happy. We decided to chat a bit and let our tummies settle before we headed out to the next shop. As we originally wanted to eat pancakes, we decided to go to J.S. Pancake Cafe (ジェイ エス パンケーキ カフェ) in Aoyama (青山), a brisk walk up the street. This place is a little bit further from the other pancake spots so it was definitely less crowded, but we still waited about 10 minutes to be seated.
1. J.S. Pancake Cafe is part of the clothing line Journal Standard. I had been to their burger shop called J.S. Burger many times and was pleasantly surprised at how good they tasted. With this in mind, I was dying to try their pancake place. 2. Inside was so cute, and has an natural country feel.
1. They decorated the wall with small pancake pans. It was cute. As Mayumi and I were still full we decided to order drinks and then share pancakes. 2. I ordered a Caramel Royal Milk Tea and Mayumi had a plain hot Coffee.
We ordered the French Toast Pancakes. They were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The crispy top reminded me of the burnt caramel on creme brulee. Divine! It was served with fresh fruits, strawberry sauce, ice cream and whip cream.
The pancakes really hit the spot. We chatted for a while, and then decided to head home before it started to rain. I had such a fun day catching up with Mayumi and eating some excellent food. I liked the french toast pancakes so much, and decided somehow I will try to recreate them at my house…
ms fancy pants tokyo
- Bistro Le Man (ビストロ ル マン)
- 5-12-7 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku Tokyo
- Weekday Lunch 12:00-15:30 Dinner 18:00-23:00
- Weekend/Holiday Lunch 12:00-17:00 Dinner 18:00-22:00
- J.S. Pancake Cafe (ジェイ エス パンケーキ カフェ)
- 5-52-2 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku Tokyo
- 1F Aoyama Oval Bldg
- Mon-Sun 11:00-21:00