Boo-chan and I like to try out new places, especially in the hood (Yoyogi-hachiman/ Yoyogi Kouen), so we decided to give Saisai Gurilu Ishihara (菜彩グリル いしはら) a try. When I walk to Shibuya (渋谷) I always saw their sign board on the street, so we were happy to finally test it out.
1. Saisai is on the second floor of Misaki Bldg. We almost went to the French restaurant on the first floor, but decided to stick to our original plan. 2. The menu that was displayed outside. As we walked inside, the restaurant was packed but there was one last table open–just for us.
1. The small bar counter area, which you can also eat at. 2. Part of the dining area (pictures taken after the lunch rush was over). I like this restaurant because the walls are all large windows. It was very bright and as the weather was nice the windows were open and a nice breeze came inside.
The lunch menu consisted of sets, that came with your choice of entre, and soup, salad, bread and a drink. The salad was tasty. The dressing was creamy and reminded me of a mild ranch with lots of crushed ground pepper. It also had cherry tomatoes and Japanese radish, aka daikon.
The soup had tons of veggies in it, including daikon. I was surprised it had daikon as the taste can sometimes be overpowering. This was better then your regular consomme soup.
I ordered the Fresh Seaweed and Clam Vongole Spaghetti (生のりとアサリのボンゴレスパゲティ). I love vongole pasta, and I have ordred it many times at different restaurants. It’s hard to get it just right, but I think Saisai’s version is excellent! It was different with the fresh seaweed and fish eggs but it was definitely a tasty pasta. The oil and garlic were a great combo. I would definitely order this again.
Boo-chan had the Oven Grilled Hamburg Steak with Cheese and Mushroom Sauce (定番ハンバーグとチーズオーブン焼き マッシュルームソース). This came out piping hot–literally boiling. But it was delish, the cheese made it so tasty. Boo-chan made a mistake and ordered this with rice, but luckily he could also get bread too. The bread was delish when dipped in the sauce.
After our meal, my set came with a choice of tea or coffee. I chose ice coffe. Boo-chan’s set came with hot jasmine tea. We ended up swapping our drinks. It was nice to just relax, talk and digest our delicious meal!
After we finished drinking we headed to Shibuya to run some errands and go shopping. After a couple of hours it was time to take a break–we wanted something sweet. Ree-O and I went to the Hokkaido Milk Cafe before (if you missed it, click here) so I decided to take Boo-chan there.
I ordered caramel waffles with toasted coconut, topped with milk flavored soft serve ice cream. I was yummy and hit the spot. I also had carmel milk tea, but I forgot to take a pic. Unfortunately it was way too sweet, but I drank it anyways–hahah.
Boo-chan ordered a fresh strawberry parfait. It looked good, but Boo-chan said it was just normal.
He also ordered a hot cafe au lait. It was served in a large bowl. It tasted good and was served in a large bowl.
I like this cafe, but Boo-chan didn’t seem to be a huge fan. He wasn’t disappointed but he wasn’t super satisfied either. I guess not every place is a winner. But I did like my waffles. So what yummy places have you eaten at recently?
ms fancy pants tokyo
- Saisai Gurilu Ishihara (菜彩グリル いしはら)
- 1-14-20 Tomigaya, Shibuya-ku Tokyo
- 2F Misaki Bldg
- Mon-Sat Lunch 11:30-14:00, 18:00-24:00
- Closed Sun and Holiday Lunch.
- Hokkaido Milk Cafe
- 21-1 Udagawacho, Shibuya-ku Tokyo
- B2F Seibu Shibuya
- Mon-Sun 11:00-21:00