Recently, the weather reports have said the rainy season has started but the strange thing is, it hasn’t rained. The weather has actually been really gorgeous. So, Ree-O and I decided to walk to Daikanyama (代官山). We both needed to stop by the Oliver Peoples boutique and decided to have lunch in the area. From my house to Daikanyama is a little over 3km so about 2 miles one way. It’s a nice walk. Even though we had Mexican for lunch the other day, we decided we wanted Mexican again. So what better place then Hacienda del Cielo (アシエンダ デル シエロ).
It’s really hard to find a good tasting Mexican restaurant in Tokyo, when you find one, it’s sure to be crowded. 1. Hacienda is so popular at night, it’s hard to get reservations especially when it’s outdoor terrace season. Even though it was a weekday the restaurant was crowded, but we only waited about 10 minutes to be seated. 2. We waited next to the bar, and you cant help but notice the giant sparkly snake-patterned fixture that hangs from the ceiling.
1. We wanted terrace seating but it was all full, so we sat in the main dining area. 2. We both had worked up an appetite so we quickly ordered. There were 7 different lunch set to chose from. All of them came with soup and a drink, and depending on your main dish it comes with a salad too.
1. Our lunch sets also came with a tiny aperitif of sangria–made with white wine. It had a strong pineapple taste–was yummy. 2. Ree-O and I both ordered an ice tea with our set lunches–its nice that they also have free refills.
1. The sets also came with soup. 2. Ree-O and I also ordered the same main dish-Chicken Fajitas! The tortillas were refillable and they make them fresh everyday!
Our fajitas were so good and had lots of veggies. This was however the second time I noticed shimeji mushrooms in Mexican food in Japan. But no complaints here, it still tasted great! And I was surprised how large the portions were.
Wrapping my fajita. It was served with salsa and hot sauce, but I wanted to eat it will guacamole and sour cream too. But I was still happy with my selection! It was so tasty and so filling!
Ree-O and I had such a satisfying lunch today. It was nice to walk to Daikanyama and eat deliscious food and just relax. After we ate we walked back via Shibuya, and then headed back to my place. We walked over 6km today, which is over 4 miles! I love this weather for walking! Have you gone a walk recently?
ms fancy pants tokyo & a picture of barbies
- Hacienda del Cielo (アシエンダ デル シエロ)
- 10-1 Sarugakucho, Shibuya-ku Tokyo
- 9F Mansard Daikanyama Bldg
- Mon-Sat 11:30-04:00
- Sun/Holiday 11:30-23:00