My wedding anniversary is coming up and I wanted to do something different for my nails. It’s still hot here, but September is one of those in between season months. So I made my appointment, and it was off to my favorite nail salon, March Nails Shibuya (マーチ渋谷店).
Every time I come here, I constantly flip through the book of designs, which change monthly. 1. There are so many designs to choose from. It’s easy to pick from one of their designs as a base, then customize it to your own liking. This time I decided to do something simple yet stylish. 2. I chose the Pattsun Mode (パッツンモード).
I decided I wanted to change the color scheme of the design. I chose neutral colors, pink, off-white and grey. Then we start the prepping process. 3. Shaping and sanding down my nails. 4. And finally doing the last of prep, filing my nails down and making sure they are all the same length and even.
5. I always keep the same basic shape to my nails, and I like to keep them medium in length. If it’s too short, I feel the design doesn’t look as nice and if it’s too long I get annoyed doing everyday things like typing. 6. This is the gel machine they use. It’s from America.
7. Next they paint all my nails with a clear gel coat. 8. Then following the design, they do gyaku french and paint the top half of my nail pink. Instead of following the curve of my nail, my nailist paints straight across.
9. After that is complete, she adds the color blocking design first in grey. Before she does the color blocking, my nailist asks which nails I want the stones on and which nails I want to color block. I chose to follow the same as the picture. 10. After the grey, she finishes the color blocking in off white.
I decided on the color of stones and we create the design (forgot to snap a pic–sorry!). 11. Since I felt there was something missing from the design, I added a line to each nail in silver glitter that didn’t have any stones or color blocking. 12. Then my nails are almost done. They just need one final coating of clear gel.
Ta-dah! The finished product! I love how it’s such an easy simple design but also looks very cute. They colors blend into my skin tone, so it will be easier to match with different colors and clothes.
I love getting nails done, and the way you feel with a freshly painted manicure. So what designs have you done recently? Do you like neutral colors or bright ones?
- March Nails Shibuya (マーチ渋谷店)
- 2-10-14 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku Tokyo
- 7F Aoyama Alpha Bldg
- Mon-Fri 10:00-21:00
- Sat-Sun/Holiday 10:00-18:30